These hand care tips will take care of dryness and dullness of your hands. Here are some natural hand care tips for your daily hand care routine to make your hands look softer and younger.
Our hands, the most used yet the most neglected part of our body. It needs as much care as your face but we seldom do that. Here, we bring you easy and natural household hand care tips.
Most important thing is to keep your hands moisturized all the times. Use these easy and quick homemade tricks to nourish your hands. Follow hand care tips like-
- Mix 1 tablespoon glycerin with few drops of lemon and rose water and apply on hands at least twice a day.
- You can add few drops of almond oil or vitamin E oil in your daily hand cream for extra nourishment
- For extra dry (chapped hands), soak them in warm olive oil for 10 mins and cover with gloves. Leave it overnight and you’ll wake up with smoother hands.
- Mix 1 tablespoon honey with almond oil and massage it on dry hands. Cover it with gloves and let it work over night.
Exfoliate your hands using these homemade scrubs. Hand care tips made easy!
- Mix 1 teaspoon sugar with coconut oil and few drops of lemon essential oil. Scrub gently and wash with warm water.
- Mix 1 tablespoon Bengal gram flour (besan) with milk (you can also use milk cream or malai) and few drops of lemon to form a thick paste. Scrub your hands with this paste and rinse with warm water.
- Mix 1 teaspoon almond bran with 1 teaspoon sugar, milk cream (malai) and few drops of lemon. Scrub and rinse.
- You can also use any of the scrubs shown in our body scrub page.
How about a manicure?
Pamper your hands with manicure once in a week or 15 days. This deep clean your hands and make them softer and younger.
Keep your hands covered
Wear gloves while doing house chores or gardening etc.
Hydration is important
Always keep a bottle of moisturizer on sink and in bathroom and moisturize your hands every time you wash them. Also keep a small bottle in your bag so that you can moisturize your hands on the go.
Try homemade solution to bring your hands to life
If your hands are really chapped, make a solution of fennel seeds. Boil 1 cup water. Take half cup fennel seeds and pour boiling water in it. Leave it for 10 mins. Strain and let it cool. Soak in your hands every time you wash them.
Take care while going out
Always use sunscreen on hands as well because they get equally sun burnt and need same protection as your face.
So, you see, taking care of your hands at home is not that difficult after all. Try these easy and natural hand care tips for your daily hand care regime and get smoother and softer looking hands. Well maintained hands will remain supple and stay attractive for longer.
Before using any product on the body for the first time, take an allergy test. Use a small portion of it on your arm and see for any reaction for two days. If it doesn’t show any signs of allergy or reaction, you can use it for your body. The information contained on this site is general in nature and for informational purposes. It is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own dermatologist or other medical professional. Tips and recipes here are the experiences of the author. Everyone is unique and results vary from person to person. Caution must be taken while using essentials oils. Pregnant women and children below 7 years should not use essential oils.
Traditional Wisdom Rediscovered (by Reader’s Digest)