Carrot Spinach Chana Dal Ka Saag
- Carrot/Gajar - 250 gms
- Palak/spinach - 250 gms
- Horse Gram/Chana dal - 1/2 small cup
- red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander/dhania Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric/haldi powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomatoes - 1 big Chopped or Amchur Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin/Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Hing/Asafoetida powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Carom seeds/Ajwain - 1/4 teaspoon
- Wash and soak chana dal. Boil with water and cook until they turn tender soft but not mushy.
- Drain extra water and keep it aside.
- Wash and chop palak. Wash, peel and slice carrot into thin discs.
- Heat oil and add tadka of hing, cumin seeds and ajwain.
- Add carrot slices and saute. Cook for 5 minutes. Add chopped spinach and saute it. Add haldi powder and salt. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- When it turns little soft, add chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder and dhania powder.
- Mix all and then add previously boiled chana dal to it. Cook for 3 mins more.
- If no/less tomatoes are added, then add amchoor powder and cook for a minute.
- When cooked, serve hot with roti/phulka/naan.
- Enjoy delicious Carrot Spinach Chana Dal Ka Saag.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.
No comments yet.