Chakli Gatta Pulav – Rajasthani Special
- FOR GATTA - Gram flour/ besan - 1 cup
- Curd/ dahi - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander/ dhaniya powder - 1 teaspoon
- Chili/ lal mirch powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Carom seeds/ ajwain - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic/ lehsun crushed - 1 teaspoon
- FOR PULAV - Boiled rice/ chawal - 2 cup
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric/ haldi - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped vegetables/ sabjiyan - 1/2 cup (onions/ pyaz, tomatoes/ tamatar, capsicum)
- Red chili/ lal mirch powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander/ dhaniya powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Dry mango/ amchur powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt/ namak – as per taste
- Oil/ tel - 4 teaspoon
- Take a mixing bowl and add gram flour, curd, 1 tablespoon oil and all
above mentioned spices. Make a dough.
- Divide this dough into 8 equal parts. Take a part and and roll it to make a chakli.
- Heat water in a big pan. Add salt and oil. As it starts boiling, drop gatta chakli one by one. Keep the flame on medium high.
- When gatta floats on top, they are cooked. Take them out carefully with a slotted spoon and allow them to cool properly.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a pan and fry gattas till they turn to golden colour.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in another pan & add jeera. When it crackles, add onions and saute a little. Add turmeric, tomatoes, capsicum and fried gatte and then saute for around 5 minutes.
- Add boiled rice and remaining spices and mix very well. Saute for 5 minutes and then switch off the flame once it is done.
- Delicious and spicy 'Chakli Gatta Pulav' is ready to be served with chutney/raita of your choice.
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.