Curd Rice – South Indian Meal
- Soaked rice/ chawal - 1 cup
- Water/ pani - 2.5 cup
- Curd/ dahi - 1 cup
- For Tadka - Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds/ raai - 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dal/ white lentils - 1 tablespoon
- Peanut/ moong fali - 1 tablespoon
- Chopped green chilies/ hari mirch - 2
- Curry leaves/ meetha neem - few
- Red chilies/ lal mirch - 2
- Chopped coriander leaves/ dhaniya patta - a handfull
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Add rice and water in a pressure cooker and cook it on high flame for 1 whistle. Switch off the flame once it is done.
- Take the cooked rice in a bowl.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal and saute for 1 minute. Add peanuts and saute for 2 minutes. Add green chilies and curry leaves. Saute for few seconds and add red chilli and then switch off the flame.
- When rice gets cooled down, add curd, tadka and salt. Mix very well and sprinkle fresh coriander leaves.
- Yummy 'Curd Rice' is ready to be served!!!
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.