Instant Raw Mango Pickle | Andhra Style
- Raw mango (Thotapuri variety is preferable) - 1 cup chopped
- Dhaniya | Coriander seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Methi | Fenugreek seeds - 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil - 2-3 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Jeera | Cumin seeds - 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dal - 1 teaspoon
- Dry red chilli - 2
- Curry leaves - around 10
- Hing - a pinch
- Haldi | Turmeric - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 tablespoon (adjust as per taste)
- Red chilli powder - 1 tablespoon (adjust as per taste)
- Heat a kadai and dry roast the dhaniya seeds and methi seeds together in it.
- Add the roasted dhaniya and methi seeds to a mixie jar and grind it.
- To this, add 3/4th cup of chopped raw mango pieces, salt and red chilli powder and grind again coarsely.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard seeds, jeera, urad dal, dry red chilli pieces and roast it for a minute.
- Now add hing, turmeric and curry leaves to the oil and roast it for a minute.
- Switch off the flame and add the raw mango mixture from the mixie jar to the kadai.
- Chop 1/4 cup of raw mango pieces into very thin and small pieces.
- Add the finely chopped raw mango pieces to the kadai and mix everything well. Transfer this to a bowl and serve the raw mango pickle with some hot rice and ghee.
Playing with words and playing with ingredients give her similar pleasure! She is a feminist and a doting mom who loves to explore the alternative path. Good food and good conversations often make her happy.
No comments yet.