Makhana Baby Potatoes – Healthy Curry
- Boiled baby potatoes/ aloo - 15
- Soaked makhane (Fox nut) - 1 cup
- Thick curd/ dahi -1 cup
- Oil/ tel - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds/ raai - 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion seeds/ kalounji - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped green chili/ hari mirch - 1
- Garam masala - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander/ dhaniya - 1 tablespoon
- Red chili/ lal mirch - 2
- Turmeric/ haldi powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Mix makhana and baby potatoes in curd and rest for 15 minutes.
- Tadka - Heat oil in pan and add mustard and cumin seeds to it. Once it crackles, add kalounji to it. Add turmeric, green chilies and red chili. Mix well.
- Once tadka cools down, add potatoes and makhana mix to it.
- Switch on the flame and add salt to it. Mix well and saute for 6-8 minutes on low flame.
- Add coriander and garam masala powder. Mix well and turn off the gas.
- Easy and healthy 'Makhana (Fox nut) Baby Potatoes' is ready to be served with hot chapati/ paratha.
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.