Mangodi Methi (Fenugreek) ka Saag
- Badiya(mangodi) /Vadi - 1 small cup
- Finely chopped fresh methi leaves - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder - 1 teaspoon
- Ghee/oil - 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Asfoetida (Hing) - 1 pinch
- Green chillies for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Coarse grind the badiya/mangodi to small granules.
- Heat ghee/oil in a pan and add hing and cumin seeds. Then add the mangodi granules and roast them till they turn golden in colour.
- Boil water in a separate pan and keep it ready.
- Add water carefully to the roasted mangodi. Stir and cook.
- When the badiya/mangodi turns softer, add the chopped methi leaves.
- Keep them on medium flame till they are cooked well and you find ghee/oil
leaving sides. Adjust the consistency by adding water.
- Garnish with finely chopped green chilies.
- Serve Mangodi Methi (Fenugreek) ka Saagwith hot phulkas/makki ki roti/bajre ki roti
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.
No comments yet.