Paneer Capsicum in Manchurian Style Gravy
- Paneer/Cottage Cheese 250 gms
- Green/Red Caapsicum - 1 each
- Salt - as per taste
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tspn
- Paneer Masala - 1 tspn
- Red Chili powder - 1 tspn
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tspn
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tspn
- Cumin seed - 1/4 tspn
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tspn
- Soy sauce - 2 tspn
- Chili sauce - 1 tspn
- Tomato Sauce - 2 tspn
- Oil - 1 tbspn
- For gravy:
- Chopped Tomato - 2
- Green Chili - 1 to 2
- Ginger grated - 1
- Onion chopped - 2
- Dice Paneer into cubes of about one inch. Dice green and red Capsicum also in cubes. (Size same as paneer)
- For the gravy, take the chopped tomatoes, onion, ginger-garlic and chilies and grind to a paste
- Take a pan and add little oil and add tadka of jeera. Add ginger garlic paste and saute. Then add the grinded tomato onion paste and stir fry for 2-4 mins.
- Add salt, turmeric, coriander and red chili powder to it. Cook for 2-3 mins. Add soya sauce, chili sauce and tomato sauces to this gravy and Add water to adjust the consistency of gravy and cook for 3-4 mins.
- Once gravy is thick, taste it and adjust seasonings accordingly. Keep this gravy aside.
- In a pan, add little oil. Temper with jeera. Add capsicum and saute. Then add paneer cubes and saute it also.
- Add little salt and paner masala to it and stir fry for a min or two. Add garam masala powder to it. Lastly, add the gravy to it and Cook for 3-4 mins closing the lid.
- Once gravy leaves oil from sides, your dish is ready. Serve hot!!
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.
No comments yet.