Paneer Makhani : A Rich Punjabi Gravy
- Tomatoes : 4
- Onions : 2
- Garlic : 5 cloves
- Green chilies : 2
- Ginger : small piece
- Salt to taste
- Oil : 2 tablespoon
- Chilli Powder : 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder : 1/2 teaspoon
- Paneer cubes : 2 cups
- Butter and chopped corriander leaves for garnishing
- Garam masala : 1 tablespoon
- Cashewnuts : 1 tablespoon
- Chop tomatoes, onions, garlic, green chilies and ginger.
- In a pressure cooker heat 1 tablespoon oil and add chopped vegetables and cashews.
- Cook it for a minute.
- Close the lid and pressure cook for one whistle.
- Once done, cool it and crush/mash the vegetable mixture to make a paste/puree.
- Set the puree aside.
- In a non stick pan add 1/2 tablespoon oil and fry the paneer cubes till they turn golden brown.
- Keep them aside.
- In the same pan add 1/2 tablespoon oil and cook puree adding salt, turmeric powder, garam masala and chilli powder.
- Cover and cook till the puree becomes thick to form a gravy.
- Add the paneer cubes to the gravy.
- Top it up with butter and garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Tasty paneer makhani is ready. Serve hot with parathas and enjoy !
Cooking not only feeds the stomach but also the soul. I love to create new healthy recipes from simple ingredients found in the kitchen.