Pav Vada ( Vada roasted in Appe Patra)
- Medium size potatoes - 6
- Salt to taste
- Ginger chilli paste - 2 tablespoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Dhana jeera powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves - 1/2 cup
- FOR BATTER
- Besan - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Water for batter - (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- OTHER INGREDIENTS
- Buns (pav) - 8
- Green chutney - 1/4 cup
- Tamarind chutney - 1/4 cup
- Garlic chutney - 1/4 cup
- Chopped onion - 1/2 cup
- Butter for roasting vada pav - 2 tablespoon (optional)
- Oil for roasting vada
- Boil and mash potatoes.
- In a mixing bowl add mashed potatoes, salt, ginger chilli paste, red chilli powder, dhana jeera powder, salt, coriander leaves & lemon juice.
- Mix everything and make small balls.
- TO MAKE BATTER
- Add besan, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and oil to a mixing bowl.
- Add water as per requirement to make semi liquid batter.
- Heat Appe Patra and add a drop of oil.
- Dip the vada in batter. Cover it on both sides and arrange them on Appe Patra.
- Roast on both sides to golden brown by adding a drop of oil.
- Make a cut on Pav( bun) and apply 3 chutney as per your taste.
- Sprinkle onions and press the vada and place it in between the pav.
- Roast on tawa by adding butter and serve hot.
- Enjoy Pav Vada ( Vada roasted in Appe Patra).
Cooking not only feeds the stomach but also the soul. I love to create new healthy recipes from simple ingredients found in the kitchen.