Spinach And Fried Potatoes Curry Recipe
Spinach is a very nutritious food and should be added to one’s regular diet. Try simple yet delicious curry for your meal – Spinach Potatoes Curry!
For more such exciting recipes, please click on the following links.
- Spinach/ Paalak - 500 grams
- Potatoes/ aloo - 2 medium
- Chopped onion/ pyaz - 1
- Finely chopped garlic/ lehsun - 5-6 cloves
- Finely chopped ginger/ adarak - an inch piece
- Bay leaves/ tej patta - 1 or 2
- Whole red chillies/ khadi mirch - 2
- Cumin/ jeera - 1 teaspoon
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Green chillies/ hari mirch as per preference
- Red chilli/ lal mirch powder - 1 tablespoon
- Oil for deep frying potatoes and tempering
- Ghee or butter 1 teapoon
- Hing/ asafoetida - 1/2 teaspoon
- Wash and clean spinach leaves. Take green chilies and spinach, puree it and keep aside.
- Peel potatoes and cut them into thin slices.
- Add salt and some red chilli powder to it.
- Heat oil in kadhai. Fry potato pieces till golden brown. Keep aside.
- Remove excess oil from kadhai. Let around 2-3 tablespoons remaining in the kadhai.
- Add jeera and let it crackle. Add hing, bay leaves and whole red chillies.
- Add chopped onions and fry till translucent. Then add ginger garlic chopped. Mix well.
- When cooked a bit, add red chilli powder. Mix in the oil and take care not to burn it.
- Immediately add the spinach puree and mix it well.
- Add salt and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the potato pieces and let cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add a spoon of ghee or butter. Mix thoroughly and then put off the gas once done.
- Healthy and nutritious 'Spinach With Fried Potatoes Curry' is is ready to be served with chapati and rice!
My life revolves around my family and am passionate about cooking and well being of my dear ones.Born and brought up in various states living in picturesque Rajasthan .