Tricolored Stuffed Veggies With Tricolor Masala
Tricolored stuffed veggies with tricolor masala is a wholesome baked dish which is very healthy.
Tricolored stuffed veggies with tricolor masala use not only 3 different colored veggies but also uses tri colored ingredients for the stuffing. The taste was so yummmm. Enjoyed this low oil recipe with hot phulkas or naan.
For more such exciting recipes like tricolor stuffed veggies, please click on the following links.
- Potato - 1 piece
- Green Capsicum - 1 piece
- Tomato - 1 piece
- Bhindi/Okra -5-6 pieces (optional)
- Peas - 1 cup
- Corn - 1 cup
- Paneer - 1 small piece grated
- Onion - 1, finely chopped (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Coriander/dhania powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric/haldi - 1/2 teaspoon
- Safed kali mirch/white pepper powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala - pinch
- Amchur/dry mango powder - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin/jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Heeng - 1 pinch
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Cheese cube - 1 (grated)
- Wash and cut the capsicums from the top. Deseed them. Blanch these capsicums after applying little salt.
- Boil potatoes (not too soft). Peel and cut the top. Scoop out the potato to have a good deep jacket.
- Cut the tomato from top. Scoop out the seeds etc to get a thick jacket. Slit bhindi lengthwise.
- Blanch fresh or stored peas. Boil corn kernels and crush them to coarse mixture. Mash paneer too. Mash the scooped out portion of potato.
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pan. Add jeera and heeng powder to it. If using onions, add the finely chopped onions first and saute. Add peas and stir-fry. Then add crushed corn to it and saute. When bit soft, add mashed paneer and potatoes to it and mix well. Also, add the scooped content of tomato discarding the seeds.
- Add salt, haldi powder, white pepper powder, dhania powder and a pinch of garam masala.
- Cook on low flame for 4-5 mins and keep mixing. Add bit of amchoor powder as per your taste and mix well. When this masala starts leaving sides, it indicates it is cooked properly. Switch off the flame.
- Stuff capsicum, tomato, bhindi and potato with the prepared mixture. Place them in a greased glass/microwave safe dish. You can add grated cheese on top of these.
- Now microwave/bake these stuffed capsicums, potato, tomato, bhindi for 6-7 mins (till the cheese melts).
- If you dont have microwave oven, then place them in a pan and cook on low flame with lid covered.
- Your tricolor stuffed veggies with tricolor masala are ready to be served with hot rotis.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.