Vagrani/Susheela – Puffed Rice Poha
- Double polished Puffed Rice/Murmura/Churmura/Moodi - 1 big bowl. (Note: Patel brand murmura can be used if double polished murmura is not available)
- Lengthwise chopped onions - 4
- Chopped green chillies - 4
- Chopped medium size tomatoes - 4
- Juice from 1 lemon
- Roasted Split Chana Dal without skin/Phutana(Seke huye bina chilke ke chane) - 80-100 gms
- Cumin/Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard/Rai - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric (Haldi) powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 2 pinch (optional)
- Coriander - 1 bunch
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Salt as per taste
- Soak murmura/puffed rice in water for 5 minutes. Gently press it between palms to remove excess water and keep it in a bowl. The murmura should not be hard , just soft enough and should not loose its shape.
- Alternatively you may put murmura in a big sieve and run tap water over it for few minutes.
- Coarsely ground the phutana.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, red chilly powder, garam masala and grounded phutana to the soaked murmura and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard, cumin seeds. Once mustard seeds crackle, add curry leaves and green chillies and saute them. Add onions and saute them. Add tomatoes and saute it and finally add the masala mixed murmura.
- Cook on low flame till they get mixed well and you can see the colour as you do for poha.
- Add lemon juice and mix it well. Garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with phutana chutney or curd or can be had plain.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.