White Rajma And Plum Curry
White Rajma And Plum Curry is a delicious curry.
White Rajma And Plum Curry is a yummy delicious Rajma curry in a different unique gravy but so delicious. Yes, using plum to the tomato onions changes the taste level of the yumm Rajmas to one level up. Try it once and you will fall in love with it to make again.
For more such exciting recipes like White Rajma And Plum Curry, please click on the following links:
- Punjabi Rajma
- Malai Rajma Masala – Zaara Pulao
- Plum Onion Chutney Recipe
- White Rajma/White Kidney Beans - 1 cup Soaked and boiled
- Tomatoes - 2
- Plum/Aalu Bukhara - 2
- Onion - 1
- Green chilli- 1
- Ginger grated/paste - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - as per taste
- Turmeric/Haldi powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - pinch
- Asafoetida/Heeng - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Cumin/Jeera - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Readymade Rajma masala - 1 and 1/2 Teaspoon
- Bay leaves/Tej patta - 1
- Black Cardamom/badi elaichi - 1
- Cloves/laung - 2 to 3
- Black Pepper/kalimirch - 2 to 3
- Cinnamon stick/daalchini - 1 small piece
- Oil - 1 Tablespoon or less
- Chopped coriander leaves - for garnishing
- Pressure cook the soaked rajma with a little salt added for 2-3 whistles so that they are soft.
- Wash and deseed plums. Wash tomatoes. Peel the onion. Chop roughly all these and grind to a puree along with green chilli and ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan/kadai. Add heeng, cumin/jeera and all akkha/saboot garam masala as tadka.
- Add the plum tomato onion puree to the tadka. Saute and stir-fry the mixture.
- Add salt, turmeric/haldi, red chilli powder, rajma masala powder and a little pinch of garam masala and cook till the oil leaves the sides.
- Add the boiled rajma to this gravy. Mash some boiled rajma and add it to the gravy. This will thicken the gravy. Add water to adjust the thickness of the gravy.
- Boil the rajma on low flame along with the gravy. When you see a thin layer of masala gravy oil on the top, your rajma are ready.
- Yummy 'White Rajma And Plum Curry' is ready to be served. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot with chawal, roti/naan.
- Note: Adjust the amount of rajma masala and red chilli powder as per your taste.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.
No comments yet.