Ajwain Leaves Thambli/ Raita Recipe
Ajwain Leaves Thambli/ Raita Recipe is a popular recipe in South India. Ajwain has many medicinal properties and this yummy preparation helps to cure flu and cold!
For more such exciting recipes, please click on the following links.
- Black gram/ Uddin bele/ Urad dal- 2 tablespoons
- Cumin/ jeera - 1 tablespoon
- Black pepper/ kali mirch - 1/2 teaspoons
- Red chili/ lal mirch - 1
- Dry coconut/ nariyal grated - 2 cups
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Curd/ dahi - 4 small cups
- Indian Borage/ dodda patre/ ajwain leaves - 1-2 leaves
- Ghee as required for roasting
- FOR TADKA -
- Ghee - 2 tablespoons
- Red chilli/ lal mirch - 2
- Mustard seeds/ raai - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves/ meetha neem - 4-5
- Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee in a pan and roast black gram, black pepper and red chili in it.
- Add dry coconut when all the above get roasted, mix well and turn off the stove. Let it cool for a while.
- Roast the dodda patre/ ajwain leaf with 1 teaspoon of ghee.
- Grind the roasted ingredients and then add 4 tablespoons of curd while grinding.
- After grinding, transfer contents into a bowl and add rest of the curd and mix well.
- Heat ghee in a pan for seasoning/ tadka. Add mustard seeds, cumin, red chili and curry leaves to it.
- Once the seeds crackle, add the mixture to the curd mix as prepared above.
- Delicious 'Ajwain Leaves Thambli/ Raita' is ready to be served with meals. Enjoy!