Apple Pineapple Matar ka Shahi Pulao
- India Gate Basmati Rice - 500 gms
- Safal Matar/peas - 80 gms
- Apple - 150 gms
- Pineapple - packed 1/2 tin
- Kaju/cashews fada(split into 2) - 80 gms
- Green kishmish/Raisins- 50 gms
- Salt - as per taste
- Sugar - 1/4 cup small
- Citric Acid/Nimbu ka satt - 10 gms
- Ghee - 50 gms
- Oil - 1/2 tbspn
- Cumin Seeds - 20 gms
- Green Chilies - 50 gms finely chopped
- White Black Pepper Powder - 50 gms
- Sonth powder - 10 gms
- Garam masala - 1/2 tspn
- Roasted Cumin Seeds powder - 1 tspn
- Peel apple and slice them into small pieces. Open the tin, remove the pineapple pieces discarding the water. Cut pineapple too into small size as that of apple.
- Wash and Soak Rice for 2 hours. Boil water in a big open vessel. When water boils, add the rice after draining. Add 1-2 tbspn oil, cumin seeds and little salt to it and cook rice.
- When rice gets cooked (as for pulao, not too much cooked), So as to retain its shape, remove them using a colander and add to a big parat or tray. Make sure water is drained completely.
- Add finely chopped green chilies and peas(frozen), green raisins to that boiling water (in which rice was cooked) and remove after 4-5 mins. Remove them by draining the water and add to the rice.
- Add kaju halves to the rice. Also add the apple and pineapple pieces to it.
- Mix cumin powder, sonth powder and black pepper powder, garam masala too. Also mix sugar, citric acid and little salt and then add to the rice. Add ghee also to rice. Mix all gently such that the rice is not broken.
- Now take a big pateela or pan . Place a plate reversed, in the center of it. This is done to make any water content if remained in rice, goes down and settle below the plate.
- Now put the rice pulao mixture in this pateela all around evenly. Lower the flame and keep the pulao rice filled pateela for 2-3 mins on the flame to warm it and remove it.
- Take a newspaper and cut it into circle of the size of pateela and cover the rice with it. Paper does not allow heat to evaporate and keeps the pulao hot for hours. Also it will absorb extra moisture if any.
- Apple Pineapple Matar ka Shahi Pulao is ready to be served.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.