Atta Ka Halwa – Traditional Dessert!!
- Wheat flour/ gehun ka atta - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1/3 cup
- Sugar/ cheeni - 1 cup
- Water/ pani - 1 cup
- Chopped dry fruits mixed - 2 tablespoons
- Cardamom/ elaichi powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium flame. Add atta to it when ghee starts melting.
- Saute the atta for around 15 minutes till it gets light brown in colour. It gives nice aroma. Keep stirring continuously.
- Now add warm water and mix well.
- Add sugar now and give a good mix.
- Add chopped dry nuts and cardamom powder. Mix it and switch off the flame.
- 'Atta Ka Halwa' is ready to be served!!!
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Though basic cooking started in my Mumbai days, but being in Germany for few years, I started missing all Indian food especially street food. This has made me trying new and new dishes at home and even during the lockdown period in india, it has proved to be the need of the hour!!