Baigan Chana Dal- Delicious Dry Sabzi!
- Baigan/ brinjal/ eggplant - 250 gms
- Red tomatoes/ tamatar - 1 medium
- Green chilies/ hari mirch - 1 medium
- Boiled chana daal - 1/2 to 3/4 small cup
- Oil/ tel - 1 tablespoon
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Red chili/ lal mirch powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander/ dhania powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric/ haldi - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin seesds/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Raai/ mustard - 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida/ hing - 1/2 teaspoon
- Wash, pat dry baigan, tomatoes and chilies and chop into long fingers/ wedges.
- Heat oil. Give tadka of asafoetida, mustard and cumin seeds. Add brinjal only. Saute them. Then add green chilies and stir fry it for 2-3 minutes. Add salt and turmeric now. Mix and cook on low flame.
- When the veggies are cooked, add boiled/ drained/ cooled chana daal, red tomatoes, red chili powder and coriander powder. Mix well.
- Sprinkle some water if needed and cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame, till oil starts separating. When done, switch off the flame.
- Curry is ready now. Enjoy delicious 'Baigan Chana Dal Dry Sabzi' with roti/ naan/ rice.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.