Baingan ( Brinjal) ka Bharta – Authentic Recipe
- Baingan(specific Bharta baingan or Brinjal) - 2 medium sized
- Onion chopped - 2 medium size
- Tomatoes finely chopped - 4 medium size
- Garlic grated or chopped - 5 cloves
- Grated ginger - 1/2 inch piece
- Green chilli finely chopped - 4-5
- Mustard oil - 6 teaspoon
- Red kashmiri chili powder - 2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 2 teaspoon
- For garnishing:
- Coriander chopped - 1 teaspoon
- Sliced lemon
- Wash and dry baingan and grease with oil on all sides.
- Preheat oven at 180'C and roast it for 35-40minutes.
- Keep it out and let it cool and peel all skin of roasted baingan.
- Mash the baingan and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add ginger, garlic, chili and saute it till raw smell of ginger garlic goes.
- Add chopped onion and saute it.
- Add tomatoes and mix well and add all spices (Red kashmiri chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder).
- Cook tomatoes till it becomes tender. Add mashed baingan and mix well.
- Cover it and let it cook till Bharta leaves oil.
- Add lemon juice and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and serve yummy Baingan Ka Bharta with hot chapati or naan.
Ready in :
Recipe Type :