Baked Methi Muthiya – Oil Free Snacks
- Gram flour/ besan - 1 tablespoon
- Oil/ tel - 2 and 1/2 tablespoon
- Fenugreek leaves/ methi - 1/2 cup (dried or fresh)
- Sugar/ cheeni - 2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli/ lal mirch powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger chili/ adarak hari mirch paste - 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder/ haldi - 1/4 teaspoon
- Water - 1/2 to 3/4 th cup
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Wheat flour/gehu ka atta - 1 cup
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients and make a semi soft dough by adding water. Cover and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Make muthiyas (making small roll and pressing them a bit) by using oil in your hand).
- Arrange them on greased baking tray.
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees F.
- Bake on on both sides for 20 minutes each.
- Reduce the temperature of the oven to 200 degrees F. Bake it for an hour. Check in between.
- Crispy and tasty 'Baked Methi Muthiyas' are ready. You can store them in air tight container for couple of days!!!
Cooking not only feeds the stomach but also the soul. I love to create new healthy recipes from simple ingredients found in the kitchen.