Baked Pasta With Brinjal – Healthy Meal
- Brinjal/ baigan/ eggplant - 1 big
- Onions/ pyaz (finely chopped) - 1 big
- Tomatoes/ tamatar (finely chopped) - 2 big
- Grated mozeralla - 1 cup
- Boiled pasta of any type - 1 cup
- Oil/ tel - 1 tablespoon
- Garlic/ lehsun cloves (optional) - 4-5 cloves
- Salt/ namak, pepper/ kali mirch, mix dried herbs - as per taste
- Baking dish - 1
- Cut brinjal in thin round slices and cook them in a pan until brown.
- In another pan, cook garlic and onion until they become transparent.
- Add tomatoes and cook until sauce like consistency.
- Now add salt, pepper, dried herbs and sugar. Mix well and keep aside to cool.
- FOR ASSEMBLING - Take the baking dish and spread 1st layer of boiled pasta.
- Spread tomato sauce as 2nd layer.
- Now place brinjal slices to cover the sauce.
- Spread grated mozeralla.
- Repeat the 4 layers again and bake it at 180℃. in a preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Yummy meal 'Baked Pasta With Brinjal' is ready to be served!
A teacher by profession but baker by passion. I love doing experiments with baking - both sweet and savoury dishes. I am always excited to try something new for my friends and family.