Beetroot Manchurian – Yummy Appetizer
- Beetroot/ chukandar - 1
- Cornflour/ makai ka atta - 4 tablespoons
- Maida/ all purpose flour - 1 tablespoon
- Capsicum/ simla mirch - 1
- Carrot/ gaajar - 1
- Onions/ pyaz -1
- Green chillies/ hari mirch chopped - 2
- Soya sauce - 2 teaspoons
- Tomato sauce - 2 teaspoons
- Garlic/ lehsun cloves - 5
- Red chilli/ lal mirch powder - 1 tablespoon
- Oil/ tel - 1 tablespoon
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Chili flakes as required
- Firstly grate the beetroot and then cut onion, capsicum, carrot into big pieces and keep aside.
- Now take a bowl, add half of cornflour, maida, salt, red chilli powder, beetroot and mix it nicely. Make balls.
- Heat enough oil in a non stick pan, fry all the balls from both sides till they become crispy and brown. Meanwhile take 1 cup of water in a bowl and add 2 tablespoons of cornflour, soya sauce, tomato sauce, salt, chilli flakes and mix it and keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a kadhai and saute the chopped garlic and onions. Then add capsicum, carrot and green chili and saute it.
- When capsicum and carrot gets tender then mix the cornflour mixture in it.
- After one boil, add beetroot balls and saute and keep desired consistency of gravy as per your requirement.
- Delicious 'Beetroot Manchurian' is ready to be served in starters.
I am from Noida. Very down to earth and cooking is my passion. Love to enjoy different types of cusines. I love to innovative new dishes.