Besan (Gram Flour) Chikki
- Besan - 1/2kg
- Ghee - 300 gm
- Sugar - 400 gm
- Elaichi Powder - 6 pieces
- Kesar - Pinch
- Milk - 4 tablespoon
- Nuts (Almonds or Pista or Cashew nuts) - 10-12 pieces
- Mix four tablespoon ghee and four tablespoon milk in besan and cover with plate for 30 minutes.
- Sieve the above mixture.
- Take one bowl water in a pan and heat it. When water starts boiling, put sugar in it and mix it continuously till it becomes ektaar (one wire) chaashni.
- Take the above besan mixture in the remaining ghee in a pan and cook it for 30 minutes on slow flame and then switch off the gas.
- Add the chashni prepared above, elaichi powder and kesar and mix it again thoroughly.
- Take a deep flat thali (plate) and brush ghee on the flat part. Put the mixture in a thali and spread it out on the thali. Put it aside for 4-5 hours for it to solidify.
- Cut into pieces and garnish it with sliced almonds or pista or cashew nuts.
- Delicious besan/gram flour chikkis are ready !
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!