Bhakarwadi – Maharashtra’s Special Snack!!
- Maida/ all purpose flour - 1 cup
- Besan/ gram flour - 1 cup
- Oil/ tel - 4 tablespoons for making dough plus remaining for frying
- Sesame seeds/ til k beej -1 teaspoon
- Fennel seeds/ saunf -1 teaspoon
- Poppy seeds/ khaskhas -1 teaspoon
- Sugar/ cheeni - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric/ haldi powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili/ lal mirch powder - 1 teaspoon
- Dry mango/ amchur powder -1 teaspoon
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Mix 2 tablespoons of maida and salt and make a poori like dough.
- Add all spices, salt, 2 tablespoon of oil in besan to make a poori like dough again.
- Make flat balls from both the doughs.
- Take maida flat ball brushing with water and put besan flat ball on maida flat ball and roll it using rolling pin.
- Make thick roti greased with water and roll it and cut into 1/4 inch piece.
- Heat enough oil in a pan on medium flame. Fry bakharwadi until they become crispy and golden in color.
- Yummy 'Bhakarwadi' is ready to be served!!!
Ready in :
Recipe Type :
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.