Bhindi Mirchi Masala – Flavorsome Curry
- Bhindi/ Okra - prefer small or medium size - 250 gms
- Mirchi/ Green Chillies - 100 gms (can adjust the amount as per taste)
- Turmeric/ Haldi - 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander/ Dhania powder - 1 and 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili/ Lal Mirch powder - 1 teaspoon
- Dry Mango/ Amchoor powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin/ Jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida/ Heeng - a pinch
- Mustard/ Raai - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt/ Namak as per taste
- Oil/ tel - 1 tablespoon
- Heat oil and add tadka of asafoetida (little more quantity), mustard and cumin seeds.
- Now add the bhindi and chillies to it. Stir fry. Add salt and turmeric powder and cook on low flame with lid covered.
- After 4-5 minutes when the bhindi and chilies turn tender, add coriander and red chili powder. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add dry mango powder.
- Sprinkle little water (if needed) for spices to cook. When the spices get cooked and oil leaves sides of the pan, it indicates that your curry is ready.
- Spicy and yummy 'Bhindi Mirchi Masala' is ready to be served with hot phulkas.
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.