Bread Chaat – Kolkatta Style!
- Bread slices - 4
- Boiled and mashed potato/aloo - 1/2 cup
- Sliced tomato/tamatar - 1 cup
- Chopped green chilli/hari mirchi - 1 Teaspoon
- Chopped coriander leaves - 1 Tablespoon
- Sweet tamarind chutney/imli chutney - 4 Teaspoon
- Hari/Green chutney - 4 Teaspoon
- Bikaneri bhujia sev - 1/2 cup
- Nylon sev - 1/2 cup
- Nimbu/Lemon juice - 1 Tablespoon
- Spice Mix :-
- Kala Namak/Black salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder/Lal Mirch Powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Dry Mango powder/Amchur - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Roasted Cumin/Jeera powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Sweetened hung curd - 2 Tablespoon
- Makhan/Butter - 2 Teaspoon
- Cut bread slices into round shape with the help of a cookie cutter or a katori. Put all the pieces of bread on a plate.
- Add and mix well dry mango powder, red chilli powder, black salt, roasted cumin powder and salt in a bowl. Mix one teaspoon of this masala with mashed potato.
- Heat a pan and roast bread pieces on both the sides on a medium flame. Spread butter on it and then sprinkle the masala/spice mix on it.
- Put a tomato slice on each bread piece and then sprinkle the masala over it.
- Put the mashed potato mix on each piece of bread and then spread sweet and green chutney and some curd. Sprinkle the spice mix again.
- Top it with green chilli and coriander leaves. Sprinkle sev and Bikaneri bhujia.
- Tasty 'Bread Chaat' is ready to be served.
- Note: You can also use sliced onion and spices according to your taste and/or preference.
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!