Bread Poha – Yummy Breakfast
- White bread, cut into cubes - 6 slices
- Oil - 1 1/2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds/rai - 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves - 4
- Chopped onions - 1/2 cup
- Finely chopped green chillies - 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder (haldi) - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped tomatoes - 3/4 cup
- Garam masala - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves for Garnishing
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the turmeric powder and tomatoes and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add the bread pieces, salt and garam masala . Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame, add the lemon juice and mix well. Serve Bread Poha hot garnished with coriander.