Brinjal Chutney With Tadka – Spicy Treat
- Baigan/ brinjal/ eggplant - 100 gms
- Onions/ pyaz chopped - 1
- Kashmiri red dry chili/ khadi lal mirch - 8
- Garlic/ lehsun : 4
- Ginger/ adarak : 1 small piece
- Curry leaves/ meetha neem - a sprig
- Mustard/ raai - 1 tablespoon
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Olive oil/ jaitoon ka tel – 4 teaspoons
- Asafoetida/ hing - 1 pinch
- Chop brinjal, onions, garlic and ginger in small pieces. Meanwhile heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan.
- Add ginger, garlic, red dry chilies and onions to it.
- Once the onions turns translucent, add brinjal to it. Saute for 5 minutes till it gets tender.
- Let this mixture be cooled down and the grind it in a mixure.
- Heat 2 tabespoons of oil in the same pan and asafoetida and mustard seeds to it.
- Let the seeds gets crackle. Then add curry leaves and saute for a while.
- Now add the grinded paste of brinjal and salt and mix well. Switch off the gas now.
- Spicy and yummy 'Brinjal Chutney With Tadka' is ready to be served with Idli/ chapati/ paratha.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Though basic cooking started in my Mumbai days, but being in Germany for few years, I started missing all Indian food especially street food. This has made me trying new and new dishes at home and even during the lockdown period in india, it has proved to be the need of the hour!!