Chana Dal Chawal Dhokla – Healthy Snack
- Chana dal/ bengal gram, soaked - 2 cups
- Rice rava - 1 cup
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Oil/ tel - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard/ rai - 1 teaspoon or more
- Heeng/ asafoetida powder - pinch
- Curry leaves/ meetha neem - 2-3 sprig
- Green chillies/ hari mirch - 2 chopped into long juliennes
- Coriander leaves/dhaniya patta - handful finely chopped
- Coconut/ nariyal grated - 1/4 cup
- Sesame seeds/ white til - 2 teaspoons (optional)
- Grind soaked chana daal. (If using soaked daal) to make a thick batter.
- If using rice, grind soaked rice to make a thick batter. Else can use rice rawa.
- Mix chana dal and rice batter. If using rice rawa, add it to chana dal batter.
- Adjust consistency to get a thick batter. Batter should not be runny. Add salt to the batter. Mix well.
- Now grease a dhokla mould/ plate. Keep the dhokla stand on gas stove or use a wok/ big vessel. Keep a stand in it. And place the greased mould/ plate on it.
- When it becomes warm, pour the batter to fill mould to 3/4 height.
- Now steam cook them as you normally do for Dhoklas/ Idlies. After 7-8 minutes, check with a skewer. If it comes out clean, then your Chana Dal Rice Dhoklas are ready.
- Remove the dhokla plate from it and let it cool.
- Now heat the oil in a wok. When hot, temper with heeng and mustard/ rai. Add curry leaves, long slit green chillies and saute. Add sesame seeds too. Next add half cup of water to it and boil. One can add a teaspoon of sugar to it. Switch off the flame.
- Cut/ mark the dhoklas into squares of desired size. Pour the tempered water content over it slowly and on all sides. Let it rest for 5-8 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- Delicious 'Chana Dal Chawal Dhokla' are ready. Serve with green or tomato chutney etc as per your taste!
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.
One Response to Chana Dal Chawal Dhokla – Healthy Snack
Kya bina fruit salt ya baking soda ke dhokla acche se rise hoga??