Chatpate Chhole – Delicious Curry
- Chickpeas/ chhole - 1 bowl medium size/ washed and boiled with salt/ namak, black pepper/ kali mirch and asafoetida/ heeng
- Onions/ pyaz - 2 (medium size/ finely chopped)
- Green chillies/ hari mirch - 2
- Tomatoes/ tamatar - 5 (medium size/ pureed)
- Garlic/ lehsun (1 tablespoon/ finely chopped)
- Ginger/ adarak (1 tablespoon/ finely chopped)
- Chana masala - (2 tablespoons/ i have used ciba taaza chana masala)
- Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
- Aachari masala - 1 teaspoon (ciba taaza aachari masala)
- Cumin seeds/ jeera - 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida/ heeng - 1/2 teaspoon (put while boiling chickpeas)
- Turmeric/ haldi powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli/ lal mirch powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt/ namak - as per taste
- Oil/ tel as required for cooking
- Heat a pan and add oil in it. Put asafoetida and cumin seeds and let them crackle on medium flame.
- Add onions and ginger garlic and green chillies. Saute till it turns light brown.
- Add all the spices, salt and add tomato puree. Saute till the gravy leaves oil.
- Add boiled chickpeas and mix well. Add water as required. Cook for another 5 minutes and put off the gas.
- Yummy 'Chatpate Chhole' is ready to be served with hot poori/ paratha/ pulav.
No comments yet.