Chatpati Masaledaar Arbi – Healthy Curry
- Arbi/ kuchai/ taro root : 250 gms
- Green chilies/ hari mirch : 2
- Coriander leaves/ dhaniya patti - a handful
- Olive oil/ jaitoon ka tel - 4 tablespoons
- Spices/ masale (as per taste): salt/ namak, turmeric/ haldi, coriander/ dhaniya powder, garam masala, dry mango powder/ amchur, dry mint/ sookha pudina, carom seeds/ ajwain, asafoetida/ hing
- Take arbi in a pressure cooker and add water. Allow 1 whistle.
- Now drain the water and peel the outer layer from arbi. Cut the arbi in two pieces.
- Keep each piece of arbi at the center of your palm and press it so as to make it round in shape.
- Heat oil in a pan and add asafoetida, chopped green chillies and carom seeds.
- Add arbi pieces and saute them for 5 minutes.
- Now add all the spices mentioned above and mix the arbi well with spices.
- Now cover the pan and let it cook for 5 minutes on medium flame.
- Yummy 'Chatpati Masaledaar Arbi' is ready to be served with hot chapatis/ rice. Garnish the curry with chopped onions and freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!