Cheese Masala Pav – Maharashtrian Street Food
- Pav/ bread - 4
- Chopped onions - 2
- Chopped tomatoes - 2
- Cheese - 2 squares
- Chopped capsicums - 1/2 cup
- Chopped green chilies - 2
- Spices - turmeric and red chilli powder - 1/2 tablespoon
- Pav bhaji masala - 4 tablespoon
- Chopped coriander leaves - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 2-3 tablespoon
- Butter - 6 tablespoon
- Melt the cheese in oven for a minute.
- Heat butter on a non stick tawa. Add crushed ginger and chopped onions to it. Saute this mixture for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped green chilies and chopped capsicums to it. Cook well for 2 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the spices now - turmeric, red chili powder and pav bhaji masala. Cook the masala for another 1 minute on the tawa.
- Add chopped tomatoes to it and mix well. Add 1/2 cup of water if required. Cook the mix for around 10 minutes. Pour some fresh lemon juice to it.
- Mash the mix with the help of a masher and set it to one side of tawa, leaving the other side for toasting the pavs.
- Add some butter to the empty side of tawa and place pavs, flip them and put some more butter.
- Place a piece/ square of cheese on bread.
- Spread the mixture properly on the cheese and place another pav on it. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Spicy and tangy "Cheese Masala Pav" is ready to serve. Enjoy it hot.
Good food creates good memories and can win many hearts. Though basic cooking started in my Mumbai days, but being in Germany for few years, I started missing all Indian food especially street food. This has made me trying new and new dishes at home and even during the lockdown period in india, it has proved to be the need of the hour!!