Chena Kheer Dessert Recipe
Chena Kheer is my grand mom’s recipe which is a popular dessert in eastern coastal regions. This kheer can be a perfect sweet dish after meals.
For more such exciting recipes, please click on the following links.
- FOR CHENA - Full fat milk - 500 ml
- Lemon juice/ neebu ras - 1 tablespoon
- Cornflour/ makai ka atta - 1 teaspoon
- FOR SUGAR SYRUP - Sugar/ cheeni - 1 cup
- Water/ pani - 5 cups
- FOR KHEER - milk/ doodh - 1 liter
- Sugar/ cheeni to taste
- Chopped mix dry fruits - 2 tablespoons
- Cardamom/ elaichi powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Kesar/ saffron - 1 pinch
- KHEER - Boil milk in a broad pan on slow flame till it gets half of the original quantity.
- Take 1/4 cup of milk and add kesar and leave it for 10 minutes.
- CHENA - Boil milk, remove from the flame and add 1/4 cup water. Slowly add lemon juice and keep stirring milk gently.
- Strain it with a cheese cloth. Wash it with cold water 3-4 times. Remove the water from it.
- Put this chena in the mixer and grind it for 1 minute at medium speed. Mix corn flour with this.
- Prepare a soft dough and make 30 small balls out of it, ensuring there are no cracks.
- SUGAR SYRUP - Take a pan add sugar and water for syrup. When syrup starts boiling, add chena balls and cook on high flame for 12 -15 minutes. Chena is ready.
- In the reduced milk pan, add kesar milk, chena and sugar and cook for 5 minutes on medium flame. Then switch off the flame.
- When chena kheer completely cools down, add cardamom and chopped dry fruits and put kheer in refrigerator.
- Delicious 'Chena Kheer' is ready to be served.
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.