Chirote (Khaja) – Maharashtra Special Sweet!
- All purpose flour (Maida): 1 bowl
- Ghee: 1/4 bowl
- Ghee and Maida- 2 teaspoon each separately.
- Chopped Pistachio (Pista)-2 tablespoon
- Cardamom (Elaichi) Powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Crushed sugar-1 bowl
- Vegetable oil or ghee for deep fry
- Prepare a tight dough with warm water by mixing ¼ ghee and maida (all purpose flour).
- Cover it with a slightly wet muslin cloth and keep it aside for 30 minutes.
- Make three circular balls and roll it into a big thin circular chapati.
- Make mixture of 2 teaspoon each of ghee and maida properly without lumps.
- Put one circular chapatti, then do coating of ghee maida mixture properly, then put second chapatti on it and do coating of ghee maida mixture and put third chapatti on it and do again coating of ghee maida mixture.
- Now roll it equally , cut into ½ inches pieces and press with hand.
- Put the pan on the gas and add vegetable oil with the heat on medium flame. Put chirote in the oil, then fry them on low flame till it becomes brown from both sides. Take it out and cool them.
- Mix sugar and water and boil it for 7-10 minutes to make sugar syrup of one tar chaasni. You can test one tar chaasni by taking one drop of sugar syrup between thumb and finger.
- Dip chirote in sugar syrup properly and take it out in plate.
- Garnish with Pista and cardamom powder.
- If you do not want to make sugar syrup, then sprinkle sugar on hot chirote and mix properly and garnish with dry nuts.
- Enjoy your Chirote (Khaja).
Ready in :
Recipe Type :
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!