Crispy Cabbage Rolls – Tasty Appetizer
- FOR DOUGH : All purpose flour/ maida : 1 bowl
- Carom seeds/ ajwain - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – as per taste
- Vegetable oil : 2 tablespoons
- FOR CABBAGE MASALA :
- Chopped cabbage/ pattagobhi -1/2 bowl
- Chopped onion - 1/2 bowl
- Besan/ gram flour or oats - 2 tablespoons
- Ginger/ adarak : 1 piece
- Green chili/ hari mirch : 2 -3 pieces
- Coriander leaves/ dhaniyapatti - a hand full
- Spices/ masale as per taste – Crushed black pepper/ kali mirch, red pepper/ lal mirch, crushed coriander/ dhaniya seeds, garam masala, dry mango powder/ amchur , black salt/ kala namak, asafetida/ hing
- Salt/namak to taste
- For Dough - Take maida and put vegetable oil and salt in it. Make dough out of it. (dough should not be too tight or loose)
- Cover it with a muslin cloth and keep it aside for 15 minute.
- For Cabbage Masala - Put one teaspoon oil and hing in a pan. Once the oil is hot, put the chopped onions and saute till it becomes light pink.
- Add besan or oats and mix it then add chopped cabbage, all spices, ajwain, ginger, chili and coriander leaves as mentioned above and then mix them thoroughly.
- After heating it for 5 minutes on slow heat, take the masala in a plate and keep it aside so that it can come to room temperature.
- Making the crispy cabbage roll - Take the dough and divide them into big circular shaped balls then make thin large size chapati. Then spread cabbage masala on it. It should cover the chapati properly and evenly distributed.
- Now roll it properly and press it then kept in fridge for thirty minutes to make it set.
- Take out from fridge and brush with oil on all sides.
- Now cut the pieces.
- Preheat the airfryer at 180 degrees. Then put the cut pieces in it. Bake it for 20-25 minutes.
- Take it out from the fryer.
- Serve 'Crispy Cabbage Rolls' with hot tea and tomato sauce/ green chutney on a rainy day. Enjoy!!
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!