Dahi Bhalla Recipe in Gujiya Style
- Urad dal/ white lentils - 1/2 cup
- Moong Dal/ yellow gram lentils - 1/4 cup
- Garlic cloves/ lehsun - 3-4
- Green chilli/ hari mirch - 1
- Beaten curd/ feta hua dahi - 2 cups
- Salt/ namak (to taste)
- Sugar/ cheeni - 1 teaspoon
- Roasted cumin seeds/ bhuna jeera powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Hing/ asafoetida - 1/4 teaspoon
- Imli/ tamarind chutney - 1 tablespoon
- Pomegranate seeds/ anardana - 1/4 cup
- Red Chilli/ lal mirch powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Raisins/ kismis - 15-20 ( soaked in water)
- Oil/ tel (for deep frying)
- Wash urad dal and moong daal and soak in water for 6 hours.
- Drain the water and grind the daals with garlic cloves, hing, green chilli and salt.
- Take a polybag. Apply some water on it. Spread the daal mix on it in circular shape.
- Add 2 raisins and fold it in half and slip in hot oil.
- Deep fry them till done.
- Dip bhallas in hot water. Squeeze them.
- Add sugar, salt and red chilli powder in curd and mix well.
- Take a plate. Place bhallas. Add curd.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder, roasted cumin seeds powder and imli chutney.
- Mouth watering 'Dahi Bhalla Recipe in Gujiya Style' is ready. Garnish with pomegranate pearls.
Hi! I am Ruchika, mother to a two year old, Hridyansh, married to a wonderful person, Vineet and live in Haryana, travelling around different cities.
A banker by profession and a foodie by heart. It is a humble attempt at sharing my passion for food. You will definitely find lot of easy recipes in this space.
I have no formal training in food photography. So, please bear up with me. Suggestions to improve this are always welcome and Feedback is always appreciated.