Dahi Bhalle | Dahi Bade Recipe
- Dhuli Urad dal/ Split black gram - 1 Cup
- Fresh curd/ dahi - 2 Cup
- Salt/ namak - 1 Teaspoon or as per taste
- Red chilli/ lal mirch powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Roasted cumin/ jeera powder - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Sweet tamarind/imli chutney - 2 Tablespoon
- Oil/ tel for deep frying
- Sugar - 1/2 Teaspoon
- Asafoetida/ heeng - a pinch
- Ginger - 1/2 teaspoon (grated)
- Green chillies - 1-2 chopped
- Soak dal/grams in enough water for 5-7 hours. Drain the water completely. Add drained dal, chopped green chillies, grated ginger and some water in mixer. Then grind it to a smooth thick paste. Do not make the paste thin as it absorbs more oil while frying vadas.
- Beat the ground dal for 5-7 minutes with the help of a spoon till it gets fluffy. Add salt and sugar to the dal and mix. ( You can add a pinch of baking soda to the batter to make it more fluffy.)
- Heat oil in a pan on a medium flame. Make small round vada and fry it from both the sides till they turn golden brown in colour.
- Take the fried vadas on a tissue paper to remove excess oil. Soak them in a mixture of salt, asafoetida and water .
- Vadas will be swollen. Take them out and squeeze out the excess water from them. Set aside.
- Beat curd and add the squeezed vadas to it.
- SERVING - Take a bowl and place the vadas on it. Pour the beaten curd over it. Sprinkle red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, salt, sweet tamarind chutney and green chutney
- Yummy Dahi Bade or Dahi bhalle is ready to be served. NOTE - Add 1 teaspoon of the batter of vada into a glass of water. If it comes up, then it is fluffy enough to make vadas.
Ready in :
Recipe Type :
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!