Dahi Bhindi (Okra in Yoghurt) Gravy
- Onion - 1
- Bhindi/Okra - 3 Finely chopped
- Mustard seeds : 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds : 1 teaspoon
- Curd : Half a cup
- Ginger and garlic paste - 1 Tablespoon or if you use raw then add 2 or 3 Ginger and 4 - 5 garlic cloves
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Garam Masala - 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Oil as per requirement
- Take a pan and add 2 tablespoon oil and sliced onion. Fry it little till it turns pinkish brown. Add ginger and garlic paste (if you use raw and not paste, fry for 5 minutes).
- Let this mix cool down and make a paste of this mixture in a mixer.
- Heat some oil in the pan (1 or 2 teaspoon), and stir fry the Bhindi till it turns dark green and keep it aside.
- Again add oil (1 teaspoon), cumin seeds and mustard seeds and let it crackle.
- Add the fine paste of the onion, ginger-garlic and let it cook for about 6 minutes.
- Add curd and stir it for about 3 minutes.
- Add all the dry spices like turmeric powder, chilli powder, coriander powder and salt. Let it fry for 5 minutes at low flame.
- Add the stir-fried bhindi and let it cook for 5 minutes keeping the lid closed.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy it with hot phulkas/rotis.
- Enjoy delicious and easy 'Dahi Bhindi' .