Dahi Vada – Flavorsome And Yummy Snack
- Urad dal/ white lentils - 2 cups
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Chopped coriander/ dhaniya patta and green chillies/ hari mirch - 2 teaspoons
- Asafoetida/ hing - 1 pinch
- Oil/ tel for frying
- Curd/ dahi - 2 cups
- Roasted cumin/ jeera powder, red chilli/ lal mirch powder and black salt/ kala namak according to taste
- Meethi chutney as required
- Wash dal and soak them 7-8 hours in sufficient water.
- Drain water and grind it properly.
- Add salt, chopped coriander, chili and asafoetida and mix the batter for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying and fry all vadas on medium flame until they become golden brown in colour.
- Dip all vadas in normal water for 1 hour.
- Now take them out of water and squeeze excess water from them. Dip them in the beaten curd.
- Sprinkle roasted cumin powder, red chili powder and black salt on the vadas. Pour meethi chutney as required.
- Delicious 'Dahi Vada' is ready to be served!
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.