Dalia Khichdi/ Namkeen Dalia Recipe
Dalia Khichdi is made from broken wheat and vegetables, which makes it a complete meal. It is good to have any time of the day-breakfast, dinner or lunch. It is a wholesome and healthy dish which will remove toxins from the body.
For more such exciting recipes, please click on the following links.
- Broken wheat/ dalia - 1 cup
- Tomatoes/ tamatar - 1 chopped
- Onions/ pyaz - 1 chopped
- Sweet corns - boiled 1/2 cup
- Palak/ spinach - 1/2 cup chopped
- Green peas/ matar - 1/2 cup boiled
- Green chilli/ hari mirch - 1 finely chopped
- Oil/ tel - 1 tablespoon
- Jeera/ cumin seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Salt/ namak to taste
- Turmeric powder/ haldi - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder/ lal mirch - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander/ dhaniya and Jeera/ cumin powder - 1 tablespoon
- Water/ pani - 2 cups +1/2 cup if required
- In a pressure cooker vessel, add broken wheat and then add 1 and 1/2 cup water.
- Put on medium flame for 2 whistles.
- In a pan, add oil and then add onions, tomatoes and green chillies.
- Saute for 5 minutes then add spinach and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add boiled corns, peas, broken wheat and all the spices and salt.
- Add 1/2 cup water, cover and let it cook for 5 minutes till the khichdi is soft and not lumpy. Stir in between.
- Add some water if is required.
- Healthy and light meal/ breakfast 'Dalia Khichdi/ Namkeen Dalia' is ready to be served!
Cooking not only feeds the stomach but also the soul. I love to create new healthy recipes from simple ingredients found in the kitchen.