Dhaniya Ki Barfi For Janmashtami
Dhaniya ki barfi is the authentic dish/prasad to be made on Krishna Janmashtami using coriander powder.
Dhaniya ki barfi is a yummy sweet which is prepared for the festival of Krishna Janmashtami. Dhaniya ki barfi can be served as bhog/prasad for Lord Krishna and thereafter can be distributed to all.
For more such exciting recipes like dhaniya ki barfi, please click on the following links.
- Coriander/ dhaniya powder - 1 bowl
- Coconut powder - 1 bowl
- Sugar/ cheeni - 2 bowls
- Water/ pani - 1 bowl
- Ghee - 6 tablespoons
- Fox seeds/ makhane - 1/2 bowl
- Almonds/ baadam - 10-15
- Cashews/ Kaju - 15 chopped
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Carom seeds - 1 tablespoon
- Cooking Gum/ gond - 2 tablespoons
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in a pan and roast the chopped dry nuts (cashews, almonds and fox seeds) in it for 5 minutes. Set it aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of ghee in the same pan and roast gond in it for next 5 minutes. Set it aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of ghee in the same pan and add coriander powder. Roast it for 5 minutes on a medium flame. Set it aside and then add coconut powder to the pan.
- Roast the coconut powder for 2-3 minutes. Set it aside.
- Take the roasted dry nuts in the mixer grinder and grind it and keep it aside.
Keep 5 cashews, almonds and 1 tablespoon of coconut powder separate for garnishing the sweet.
- SUGAR SYRUP OF 1 STRING - Add water and sugar in a pan and boil it on a medium flame. Lower the flame now and then cook it for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the gas and check the syrup with your fingers. The syrup should be of 1 string.
- Add coriander powder, coconut powder, gond, cardamom powder, carom seeds and dry nuts powder into the warm sugar syrup. Mix well and pour the mix into a flat tray. Set it plain with the help of a flat spoon.
- Garnish with chopped dry nuts and coconut powder and cut it into desired pieces.
- Delicious sweet dhaniya ki barfi is ready to be served.
- NOTE - Ready made coriander powder can be used for making this barfi, or else you may dry roast whole coriander seeds on a medium flame and then churn it in a grinder.
Passionate about cooking!! Believes that the best way to live life is to live your passion daily!