Dum Aloo – Punjab Special Curry
- Boiled baby potatoes - 15
- Chopped onion - 1 cup
- Chopped tomato - 1 cup
- Curd - 1 cup
- Whole garam masala - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 4 tablespoons
- Cumin seeds/jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric/haldi powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili/lal mirch powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander/dhaniya powder - 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala - 1/4 teaspoon
- Ginger garlic paste/adrak lehsun paste - 1/2 teaspoon
- Kasuri methi - 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped coriander/ dhaniya leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and add onion. Saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Add tomato and whole garam masala and saute 5-7 minutes.
- Take out onion tomato masala from pan and let it cool. When masala completely cools down, grind it.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil and add baby potatoes to it. Saute for 5-7 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and add jeera. When jeera crackles, add ginger garlic paste and saute 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder and saute the mixture for a minute.
- Add onion tomato paste. Saute 3-4 minutes and add beaten curd. Continuously stir the curry to avoid curdling of dahi.
- When gravy reaches to boiling temperature, add baby potatoes and salt. Cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add garam masala, kasuri methi and sprinkle coriander leaves. Switch off the gas.
- 'Dum Aloo Curry' is ready to be served with rice/ rotis.
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.