Vegetable Appe – Healthy Breakfast
- DHOKLA BATTER : Dhokla Atta - 2 cups soaked in 1/2 cup curd, 1/4 teaspoon methi seeds and 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Add water and soak above ingredients for 8 hours
- Carrot/ gajar grated - 1/2 cup
- Carrot leaves/ gajar patta and coriander/ dhaniya leaves - 1/2 cup
- Groundnuts/ moongfali roasted - 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds/ raai - 1/2 teaspoon
- Green chillies/ hari mirch chopped -2
- Curry leaves/ meetha neem - 3-4
- In a mixing bowl, add the dhokla batter, salt, carrot, carrot leaves, coriander leaves and roasted groundnut.
- Tempering - Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves and chopped green chilies. Saute for a while and turn off the gas.
- Pour the tempering to the batter. Add some water to make falling consistency.
- Meanwhile heat Appe pan/ patra and drop some oil on it.
- Pour the batter as required in each of them.
- Roast on both sides using oil.
- "Vegetable Appe" are ready now. Serve them hot with chutney or sambhar.
Cooking not only feeds the stomach but also the soul. I love to create new healthy recipes from simple ingredients found in the kitchen.