Eggless Plum Cake – Delicious Bite
- Milkmaid - 200 gms
- Plain flour - 150 gms
- Butter - 100 gms
- Plums - 500 gms
- Sugar - 200 gms
- Baking powder - 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Plum jam (optional) - 5-6 teaspoons
- Cake tin - 1 nos.
- First of all, line the pan with butter paper and grease the sides with some butter.
- Sift flour with baking powder and baking soda and keep aside.
- Cut all the plums into half and set at the bottom of pan in concentric circles.
- Put half of the sugar in a pan with 1 tablespoon of water and heat until the sugar melts completely and a syrup like consistency is prepared.
- When cooled, pour this syrup on cut plums and set aside.
- Add the remaining sugar into milkmaid and beat well.
- Add melted butter and mix again.
- Add flour mixed with baking powder and baking soda into batter and fold gently.
- Add few teaspoons of plum jam into the batter and mix with a tooth pick.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in a preheated oven at 180℃ for 40 minutes.
- When baked, let it cool completely in the pan for 20 minutes.
- Delicious Eggless Plum Cake is ready to cut into slices. Enjoy every bite!
Ready in :
Special Category :
Recipe Type :
A teacher by profession but baker by passion. I love doing experiments with baking - both sweet and savoury dishes. I am always excited to try something new for my friends and family.