Fried Onion Poha – Maharashtrian Breakfast!
- Flattened rice flakes/ poha - 1 big bowl
- Onion/pyaz (finely chopped) - 2 medium sized
- Green chillies/ hari mirch (finely chopped) - 2
- Fried potato/ aloo cubes - 2 tablespoon
- Curry leaves/ meetha neem - one sprig
- Turmeric/ haldi powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt/ namak as per taste
- Groundnuts/ moongfali - 1 tablespoon
- Oil/ tel - 2 tablespoons
- Asafoetida/ hing - 1/4 teapoon
- Lemon juice/ neembu ka ras - 1 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds/ raai- 1/2 teaspoon
- Soak the poha and strain water immediately. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in kadhai and add mustard seeds. Let the seeds crackle. Add hing, onion and green chillies. Cook till onions become golden brown. Add curry leaves now.
- Add groundnuts and haldi and mix well. Saute for 2 minutes. Add poha, salt and potato cubes and mix properly.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Add lime juice to it.
- Delicious and super tasty 'Fried Onion Poha' is ready to be served with a hot cup of ginger tea!!
My life revolves around my family and am passionate about cooking and well being of my dear ones.Born and brought up in various states living in picturesque Rajasthan .