Fried Rice – Leftover Rice Recipe
- Cooked left over rice/ chawal - 1 bowl
- Oil/ tel - 2 tablespoons
- Asafoetida/ hing a pinch
- Chopped onions/ pyaz - 1
- Slit green chillies/ hari mirch - 2
- Chopped tomatoes/ tamatar - 1
- Groundnuts/ moongfali- a handful
- Curry leaves/ meetha neem - a sprig
- Lemon juice/ neembu ras - 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric/ haldi powder - 1/4 teaspoon
- cumin seeds/ jeera - 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt as per taste
- Heat oil in pan. Add jeera to it. Wait till it splutters.
- Add hing and onions. Saute the onions till it becomes light brown. Add green chillies, tomatoes, curry leaves and groundnuts. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well. Cook a second. Add the rice and salt. Mix well. Cook for a minute.
- Add lime juice. Mix well.
- Yummy 'Fried Rice' is ready to be served.
My life revolves around my family and am passionate about cooking and well being of my dear ones.Born and brought up in various states living in picturesque Rajasthan .