Frushi Doughnut – Delicious Dessert
- Washed and soaked samak / moriya rice - 1/4 cup
- Milk/ doodh - 1 and 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon
- Crushed cardamom/ elaichi - 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar/ cheeni - 4 tablespoons
- FRUITS FOR LAYERING -
- Mangoes/ aam chopped in cubes - 1/4 cup
- Strawberries sliced - 6
- Black grapes/ kale angoor sliced - 10
- Black sesame seeds/ til ke beej roasted - 2 tablespoons
- Almonds/ baadam peeled and roasted - 2 tablespoons
- Melon seeds/ kharbooja beej roasted - 1 tablespoon
- First wash and soak samak /moriya rice for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile roast almonds, melon seeds and black sesame seeds one by one. Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Chop all the fruits and keep them aside.
- Heat milk in a pan and add sugar, crushed cardamom and samak rice.
- Cook it till rice is cooked and sticky. If mixture seems dry, add little warm milk more. Switch off the flame and let it cool.
- Take doughnut mould and arrange foil paper on it.
- Layer fruits, roasted sesame seeds, roasted melon seeds and then roasted almonds. Arrange sticky sweet samak rice over this layer with the help of 1 tablespoon of milk.
- Let it chill in the fridge for 20 -30 minutes.
- Demould it carefully and then serve chilled Frushi Doughnut Cake. Adjust sweetness as per your taste.
- Delicious and mouth watering 'Frushi Doughnut' is ready to be served!