Ghevar – Traditional Rajasthani Delicacy
- Maida/ all purpose flour - 2 cups (or 250 grams)
- Besan/ gram flour - 2 teaspoons
- Ghee- 1/2 cup (or 120 milliliters)
- Cold milk - 1/2 cup (or 120 milliliters)
- Cold water/ thanda pani - 500 milliliters
- Lemon juice/ neembu ras - 1 teaspoon
- Few ice cubes/ barf
- FOR SUGAR SYRUP : -
- Sugar/ cheeni - 2 cups
- Water/ pani - 1 cup
- Cardamom/ elaichi powder - 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee as required for deep frying
- Chopped dry fruits - 2 tablespoons
- Take a big mixing bowl and add ghee and ice cubes. Beat it for 8-10 minutes or until ghee becomes creamy.
- Take out ice cubes from the ghee and add maida, besan, cold milk, lemon juice and mix it very well.
- Add cold water to it and make a lump free batter out of it.
- Heat ghee in a pan on high flame for frying. Put ghevar mould at the center of the pan.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of batter in mould. After 30 seconds, add 1 more tablespoon batter and then repeat this process 5 times. Total 6 tablespoons of batter is required for 1 ghevar.
- When the ghevar becomes golden in colour, take it out from ghee.
- FOR SUGAR SYRUP : In a pan, cook the sugar in one cup of water. When it starts boiling, add cardamom powder and stir well. Boil further till you get a two string consistency.
- Pour this sugar syrup on the ghevar and sprinkle dry fruits and rest it for 15 minutes. Ghevar should absorb the syrup.
- Delicious sweet 'Ghevar' is ready to be served!!
Hello! I'm housewife.. love food, flavours and fusion.cooking is my hobby.