Gujiya – Traditional North Indian Sweet
- Refined flour/ atta - 500 grams
- Mawa/ khoya - 500 grams
- Mixed dry fruits (cashewnut, almond and pistachio) - 100 grams
- Rava/semolina - 1/2 bowl
- Cardamom/ elaichi powder - 1 teaspoon
- Raisins/ kishmish - 10 grams
- Chironji seeds - 10 grams
- Crushed sugar (boora) - 500 grams
- Ghee for making dough - 2 tablepsoon plus remaining for frying gujiyas
- Milk/ doodh - 4 teaspoons
- Gujiya saancha/ mould for making Gujiya
- Sugar syrup - 1 cup
- Flour and water mix paste for joining ends of gujiya before frying - 1/2 cup
- Take a large size plate and add flour, ghee and sugar syrup. Mix well and knead medium soft dough for making gujiya. Add water if required.
- Gujiya Stuffing - Heat a kadhai and fry mawa until it turns golden brown. Mix sugar to it and take out from the pan. Fry rawa till golden brown and mix all the dry fruits and mawa into it. Mix all these mixtures together and add a little milk to it. Choorma is ready for stuffing.
- Now make small balls of the dough made in first step and make puris out of it.
- Put puri in gujiya mould and put 1 tablespoon of stuffing in it.
- Apply the paste (refined flour and water mixed) on the edges and join the ends.
- Heat enough ghee in a kadhai and fry the ghujiyas from both sides on medium flame till they become golden brown.
- Delicious sweet 'Gujiya' is ready to be served!
Ready in :
Recipe Type :