Gobhi Danthal Masala Sabzi
- Gobhi/Cauliflower danthal (stems) - 15-20 stems/leaves of 2 gobhi
- Tomato - 1 big or 2 medium
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Salt as per taste
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Dhania/Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Haldi/Turmeric - 1/2 teaspoon
- Amchoor/Dry Mango Powder - 1teaspoon
- Heeng/Asafoeitda - 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera/cumin - 1/2 teaspoon
- Rai/Mustard - 1/2 teaspoon
- Wash, peel and cut gobhi stems/leaves into long juveniles of around 1 inch pieces. Similarly cut tomatoes into ling thin juveniles as same size of gobhi danthals.
- Heat oil in kadhai. Add tadka of heeng and jeera.
- Add gobhi stem juveniles and stir fry.
- Add salt and haldi powder and add about 1/2 cup of warm water to it. Cover with lid and cook for 7-8 mins on low flame.
- When the water is completely absorbed and the gobhi stem becomes soft tender, add red chili powder and dhaniya powder.
- If the gobhi stems are not soft, add little more water if required. Mix well and cook.
- Finally add amchoor powder and chopped tomatoes. Mix all and cook for couple of minutes. When the sides start leaving oil, it indicates your sabzi is ready.
- Alternatively You may pressure cook it for 2 whiatles after adding all masalas. Gobhi Danthal Masala Sabzi is ready to be served.
Ready in :
Special Category :
I am a housewife passionate towards cooking variety vegeterian food. Since I love change in the food regularly, I keep experimenting and innovating the daily food with simple twists so that they look different and maintain the taste. Variation in look, taste and preperation is my mantra in day to day cooking.
No comments yet.